My Belly Fat Cure

A compilation of thoughts while transitioning myself to a healthier me. I am following Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure plan 12 week live coaching program. My goal is to lose at least 70 pounds.

Recipe Review #1 Chicken Sesame Stir-Fry

Jorge made the Chicken Sesame Stir Fry (p.215 in BFC) in his week 12 online meeting and I thought it looked so good, I'd try it. I have to say I was not disappointed. Typically I'm not a big stir-fry maker. For some reason when I make stir-fry all the flavors of my ingredients blend together and my veggies never taste crispy. But I realized something that I was maybe missing before:  Don't put the sauce on until serving it!   This is what the recipe recommended and it was correct. I didn't have black sesame seeds nor could I find them at my local grocery store so I used regular white ones, I really don't think it mattered.

I made the Stir Fry for both my husband and me (he loves stir fry).   My impression:  Very tasty but too salty (there was a lot of soy sauce here) I just needed a lot of water during the meal.  My veggies were crisp and I had plenty of rice with the serving size in the recipe.   I love red peppers so I might add more next time.   The bamboo shoots were a nice addition that I probably wouldn't have added on my own. The portion was very satisfying but not too large.   My husband:   Again, too salty, wanted more broccoli and I should have cut them into smaller pieces so that he didn't need a knife!  lol.   This was a make again for sure.  

Overall:  I will make again, but with less soy sauce or low sodium soy sauce and more veggies.

BTW, my hubby says I should have turned the broccoli pieces so that they looked nicer in the photo and moved that one front red pepper piece to the left in the hole by the broccoli!  He's a hoot!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting all the recipes!! I am a fellow BFC blogger: www.adventuresofthebellyfatcure.blogspot.com Can't wait to try the stir fry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy. Your husband sounds like a hoot. I think your picture is great....but he just may be right ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your recipe. I can't wait to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how can I read your blog and see your recipes?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete