My Belly Fat Cure

A compilation of thoughts while transitioning myself to a healthier me. I am following Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure plan 12 week live coaching program. My goal is to lose at least 70 pounds.

Recipe Review #2 First-Class French Toast

Oh, French Toast, how do I love thee!   LOL   Yes, I have to say that I'm a Carbohydrate breakfast lover.   When I realized that I would have to stop eating so many Carbs, I knew that French Toast was certainly going to have to go.   But then I found Jorge, and he showed me the way to indulgence!   French Toast as we traditionally know it, is usually made with Carbohydrate/Sugar rich bread and milk, eggs, and to my surprise, SUGAR in the ingredients.  Add to that, Sugar loaded Syrup and you have an insulin boosting special.   From what I can tell this recipe in the book, p.51 First-Class French Toast only differs in that it uses half-and-half and NO sugar.   Add some sugar-free syrup and you have Heaven.   I used Trader Joes Sprouted Wheat Bread and Nature's Hollow Sugar Free Syrup made with Xylitol.

Yes, I loved this recipe and my husband said that it was the best breakfast he'd had in months.  Of course, I actually made bacon and an egg to go along with that which I would normally never do, usually it would just be the French Toast.   The kids each ate 3 pieces so I don't think the lack of sugar really mattered to them!  I did not sprinkle with Stevia as the recipe called because I didn't think it needed it. You can't go wrong with this recipe!



You might ask, what in the world is that funny thing on the lower right side, why that's my egg!   After frying the bacon, I decided to plop the egg into the pan and make a true fried over-easy egg, thus the brown edges.

1 comment:

  1. i too had problems with belly fat.. i was referred by a friend to watch a free video at http://www.nutrisculpt.com and i tried the ideas out and things have changed.. am lighter and my belly fat is gone!!

    ReplyDelete